Nachos can make a great snack, appetizer but they could also become a tasty and satisfying lunch. It all depends on how you use them.I made those for lunch few days ago and my husband really liked it. He kept asking for more so I made the second batch the next day.
They are really easy and quick to prepare. All you need is nachos ( I used regular corn and black corn nachos. Sometimes I also add guacamole nachos. They taste really good.) and toppings of your choice. Anything you like or have on hand at the moment can go on top. Be creative! I used olives, corn, chicken, red bell pepper, jalapeno and sharp cheddar cheese. I also added LOTS of garlic because I LOVE IT 🙂 I covered my nachos with some cheese Bechamel sauce. But this is optional. If you want to avoid the butter and keep them healthier you can omit this step.
- Nachos (enough to fill up the baking dish)
- 1 tbsp. of butter
- 3-4 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 tbsp. of flour
- 1 cup of milk
- 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup of corn
- few jalapeno slices ( i used jalapeno in the jar)
- 1/2 cup of olives, sliced
- 1/2 cup of shredded chicken
- 1/2 of sharp cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- Prepare the Bechamel sauce. Melt the butter in the pan over medium high heat. Add garlic and fry for few seconds. Add flour and whisk. Let it cook for a minute to cook out the rawness of the flour. Slowly add the milk and keep whisking to avoid any lumps. The mixture will start to thicken. If it’s getting to thick for you add more milk. It’s up to your taste. Add Parmesan or any other cheese you like and stir until well incorporated. Turn the heat off and let cool.
- Layer the chips on the bottom of the baking dish. Pour the Bechamel sauce over the top. Top with the ingredients of choice. Sprinkle cheese over the top and bake for 20-25 minutes or until cheese melts.
Greta think with this nachos is that you can customize it. You don’t have to add those specific ingredients in the quantities provided. Just use whatever you like! You can also top them with some sour cream, salsa or guacamole. Or serve them with a little bit of iceberg lettuce shredded on top and freshly chopped tomatoes!